Choosing Between Contacts and Glasses?
When it comes to life, there is no denying that our bodies don’t stay in top condition through the whole journey. In fact, as we get older, some parts start to show signs of wear earlier than other. Namely, our eyes.
If you have noticed your eyesight start to reduce, below is some great information to help you decide on traditional spectacles or contact lenses.
Let’s start with traditional glasses as they are the most obvious first choice. Some of the primary reasons people choose to wear glasses are:
- They can work very well for people with sensitive or overly dry eyes
- They are noticeably cheaper than contact lenses
- Once you make the purchase, you don’t have to buy more each month
- Modern designs will allow the use of safety goggles
- No need to touch your eyes each day
Of Course, With Positive Comes Negatives. Some of the Drawbacks Can Include:
You can see them. People can see them. They are noticeable. It doesn’t matter how thin the frames are or how clean the lenses are, if you are wearing glasses, people will know it.
The quality of your vision depends on the cleanliness of your glasses. This means that if it’s raining then your vision will be impaired. Similarly, if you have dust or streaks on your glasses then this can cause its own set of vision problems, such as issues with depth perception.
Now, Let’s Talk About Contact Lenses
Contact lenses can seem like an easy choice, however, it’s important to remember that they aren’t a magical product which will immediately fix your vision problem with no drawbacks.
People often choose contact lenses for the following benefits:
- Completely unnoticeable. Unless somebody gets right up close to your eyes, there is no way for them to know you have a vision impairment.
- If you’re a fan of the Groupon Coupons page for Bloomingdales then you can continue buying designer sunglasses each season without the need for prescriptions.
- If you play sport, you don’t need to wear any extra gear to keep your glasses on.
- Compared to glasses, contact lenses can provide a wider field of vision.
Of Course, There Are Some Negatives. And Most Common Are:
- Every morning and every night you will need to touch your eyes to put them in and take them out. Every morning. Every night. Touching your eyes.
- If you have dry eyes then contact lenses can actually exacerbate the problem and cause a range of eye problems and issues.
- If you go out for the night, you better remember to take them out before you go to sleep. Regular contact lenses can’t be worn at night, and if they are, then you aren’t going to enjoy your morning.
- When it comes to correct eye problems, the choice isn’t always as easy as people think. IF you are trying to decide, the above tips are great considerations to take into account when making your decision.